Driving whilst using a hand-held mobile phone is both illegal and dangerous, and according to research, can make a drivers reaction time 50% slower than in normal driving conditions.
We aim to educate drivers of the dangers, and how using a mobile phone to send a "quick text" or update a social network status is unacceptable and dangerous.
Did you know?
Using a hand-held mobile phone when driving means:
- Your reaction times are slower - 50% slower when using a hand-held mobile compared to normal driving conditions.
- You are four times more likely to crash.
- You are more likely to drift across lanes.
- Your judgement of speed and distances from other vehicles is impaired.
- Using a hands-free phone is just as distracting as using a hand-held mobile while driving.
- You can be prosecuted for using a hands-free phone if you are not in proper control of your vehicle - the penalties are the same.
- If you are stopped at traffic lights or queuing in traffic, the law still applies.