Advice and tips
With the latest figures showing that more than 800 people a year are injured in speed-related collisions in Surrey it’s essential that we all make an effort to keep speeds down. Here’s seven ways you can do that:
- Remember that speed limits are a maximum, not a target. Often a lower speed may be more appropriate.
- Read the Highway Code to find out more about speed limits – did you know built up areas with a system of street lighting have a 30 mph speed limit unless signs state otherwise
- Set realistic journey times. Ring ahead if you are running late and don’t rush.
- Do not allow yourself to be pressured into speeding by tailgaters.
- Check your speedometer as frequently you would your mirrors – it could save your licence.
- Choose the right gear to maintain control of your speed.
- Be an ambassador for driving within legal speed limits – if you comply chances are the driver behind you will have too!